Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Life's Paths

The other day, a friend and I were talking about life's paths. I have been thinking about it a lot lately.  That where I am at, right now in this stage of my life, is not even close to where I thought I would be when I was younger. I have been thinking about how I got here?  Why I am here? And what does it all mean?

 I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. We may not always understand or know the reason, but there usually is a reason. It may be years before we come to understand that reason, or at least have an idea of why.



For example; my husband I moved to Anacortes in 2005.  We had just gone through a terrible ordeal, our whole life, or at least the life we knew - was gone. We decided to leave the Seattle area and moved to the small town of Anacortes. I don't know why we chose to move here, it just felt right at the time. It felt like a good place to heal and to bring some sanity back into our lives. Now I can look back and I just know that we were meant to be here. We didn't choose, it chose for us. That the real hardship in our life's path was about to come - and it did- but being here in this community is exactly where we needed to be to get through these times. This life path was chosen for us, it put us in a place where community and support were going to become a very important part of our lives. This life path has also been teaching me valuable lessons and showing me what is really important in the world - Friends, Family, Community and Unity.


The other path that I am on, and would never have envisioned being here, is my involvement in the arts. Honestly, I know nothing about art - well next to nothing - I am learning. Yet, here I am involved heavily in the arts. I am very involved in the Skagit Valley Camera Club. I enjoy immensely being part of the Anacortes Arts Commission. I produce workshops for the arts.  I work part-time for the Skagit Symphony. It seems that everything that I do is involved in someway with the arts.  And I am loving every minute of it. Now this is a life path that I could get used to


Though part of the path we are on right now is very stressful and difficult, I am very very grateful for my friends, my family and for the community in which I live.

Life's paths - sometimes it is all about the journey - not necessarily the destination. I am unsure of where the next path will lead or go, I just need to have faith that it will be a good one and lead me to somewhere exciting.

Expressing myself with - wonderment and awe.

PS - I would live to hear about your life paths - email me at kklocke1@gmail.com. If you like I will post it on my blog.  Thank you and enjoy the journey.


No comments: