Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sharing with you some color ramblings

I produce photography workshops and this last weekend I planned an early morning class in the tulip fields, so while Tony (my husband) was teaching photography, I took my camera and just went into the fields and played. 

First I should explain that each year in April, the Skagit Valley (Mt Vernon, WA) explodes with colors and celebrates with the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival - the fields are full of daffodils and a wide variety of tulips, bringing 1000's of visitors from all over the world.  It is big business for our little area. This particular season has been wet and cold and the tulips are a bit late. The morning we went it had been raining all night and slowed down to an off-and-on drizzle while we were there. The fields were slippery and covered in mud. I know it doesn't sound too pleasant but actually it was in some ways better - the light wasn't as harsh, there were droplets of rain on all of the plants, the mist in the background gave a dramatic element to the photographs and it was just plain fun to get 'dirty' and play in the mud, just like we use to do as kids. 

Express myself with kid-like glee and wonder.



















No comments: