Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is this door opened? Or is this door closed?


I am firm believer that things happen for a reason. I may not always understand the reason, or agree, and sometimes I don't even know the reason, but there is a reason.  Most of us have heard the saying, "When one door closes another one will open".  Well these past few years I have felt like I am in a large room full of doors, most of which don't go anywhere.

When I open what I think is a door of opportunity and peek inside, thinking this is the direction I am suppose to be going, the door closes (sometimes slamming shut) when I try to put my foot through it.

One such door was that way last week.  I saw what could be a great opportunity and when I tried to open the door a little wider, what I found was that it was blocked.  Frustrated and disappointed that yet another day was closing on me, I started to let it close and felt defeated. Then I realized maybe what I was doing wrong is, I was letting the doors close and I was giving up to quickly.  Maybe what I need to be doing is chipping away at the resistance that is blocking that door and keep trying to push it open.

Expressing myself with a little shoulder to the door and hope that it may still open up wide.

No comments: