Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My First Publication

I was invited to be a brief part of a brand new magazine. I was asked to select six photographs and write a brief byline.  I felt so honored and delighted to be asked. The magazine is still in production and should be out soon.  For now here is my submitted byline and the six photographs I selected.



In 2005, my husband and I, coasted in to Anacortes thinking we would hang out for a year or two.  At the time, I wasn’t sure how a big city girl would adjust to a small town.


Well adjust I did.  After opening up That Photo Shoppe, I started organizing photography workshops and I became involved with the Skagit Valley Camera Club.












At first I had no real interest in taking up photography. My talent and passion was in organizing workshops. I teamed up with photographers and instructors, Dick Garvey, Vince Streano and Tony Locke and after years of watching, learning and absorbing - I found I was hooked and I got my first camera.


 I am no longer a city girl. I love living in Anacortes. I love the community, the people and the arts.  I am actively involved in the arts, the Anacortes Arts Commission, the Skagit Valley Camera Club and the community in which I live and photograph.




















Karla Locke
Alternative Focus
http://alternativefocus.weebly.com

No comments: